Creative, multi-faceted user experience designer with over 15 years experience designing responsive Web applications, intranets, e-commerce Web sites, and online marketing campaigns for Fortune 1000 companies and high-growth, internet start-ups.
- User-Centered Design
- Interaction Design
- Persona Development
- Usability Testing
- Heuristic Evaluation
- Competitive Assessment
- Instructional Design
- Agile/Lean UX
Marriott International (Bethesda, MD)
User Experience Designer
UX designer on the Hotel Websites (HWS) team responsible for designing features and functionality to improve product performance.
- Redesigned the entire legacy HWS product to enable its deployment on a new, omni-channel software platform.
- Created an “elevated” HWS concept to showcase the expanded content of Starwood full-service hotels.
- Collaborated with the UX Standards team on the “Brand Pull-Through” project to identify where and how to visually communicate Marriott’s 30 brands on HWS.
- Designed and prototyped a new, responsive HWS navigation scheme to allow guests to more quickly find and experience content on the site
- Assisted in the development of the “Elevated” HWS Style Guide, which hotel staff will use when submitting new content for their site
- Collaborating with Marriott’s Global Learning group to update the HWS Users Guide so that it reflects the new HWS design and is easier for hotel staff to use
- Conceived and designed an innovative browser extension called “Roomerang” that helps achieve Marriott’s Book Direct strategy by redirecting Online Travel Agency (OTA) users to Marriott.com
Ladders (New York, NY)
Was the lead IA for RecruitLadder, a Web application Ladders provided to corporate recruiters and agency recruitment firms to help them search candidates, post jobs, and manage job applicants.
- Designed the information architecture for a state-of-the-art search feature that significantly improved the recruiter's ability to find qualified candidates.
- Designed and deployed a much improved candidate management feature that enabled recruiters to effectively save, organize, and manage candidates.
GridPoint (Arlington, VA)
Training & Documentation Manager
Led all product training and documentation activities at the company, a provider of Smart Grid software and hardware products.
- Designed and authored instructor-led and self-study modules. Successfully trained GridPoint staff and external customers in the proper use of Gridpoint’s utility and energy management software.
- Led online and classroom training sessions for a range of audiences including customer service, network operations, sales staff, and external clients.
- Designed and authored installation guides and user manuals for GridPoint's hardware products.
Freelance Information Architect (New York, NY & Boston, MA)
Created UX and IA deliverables for client companies, focusing primarily on audience analysis, business/functional requirements, and User Interface (UI) design.
- At Razorfish, developed the UI for an enterprise-wide intranet to improve collaboration among marketing staff across the major car divisions of the Ford Motor Company.
- For Standard & Poor's, designed the UI for a portal application that improved the workflow of S&P credit analysts.
- At Fidelity Investments, led the effort to redesign Streetscape(SM), Fidelity's Web-based, institutional brokerage platform. Improved the app's Tower Group ranking, a measure of its standing among competing broker/dealer applications.
- For BusinessEdge Solutions (now part of EMC Consulting), developed the UI and visual design for a training management portal for Pfizer Inc., enabling the company to more efficiently train pharmaceutical sales staff.
Kadro Solutions (Raleigh, NC)
Provider of enterprise-class software and software-as-a-service applications.
- Led all information architecture activities at the company.
- Created the UI to Kadro Merchant, a back-end, Web application for managing e-commerce sites.
iXL (Richmond, VA)
Former Internet design and consulting company.
- Developed navigation schemes, wireframes, usability test scenarios, and HTML prototypes for dot-com and Fortune 1000 clients including GE's Center for Financial Learning, Red Hat, and Harrods.
Omega Performance (Richmond, VA)
Provider of interactive and instructor-led training programs to the banking industry.
- Managed programming and design staff in developing CD-ROM-based training tutorials on retail banking products. Designed instructionally sound tutorials and sales simulations.
Chase Manhattan Bank (now JP Morgan Chase) (New York, NY)
Money-center banking and financial services firm.
- Managed design staff in creating interactive and instructor-led training programs. Developed a products curriculum that improved the sales and service performance of retail bank personnel.
University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA): M.S.E, Materials Science and Engineering
Amherst College (Amherst, MA): B.A., cum laude, Physics