Creative, multi-faceted user experience designer with over 10 years experience designing Web
applications, intranets, e-commerce sites, and online marketing campaigns for Fortune 1000 companies
and high-growth, internet start-ups.
- User-Centered Design
- User Flows
- Prototype Development
- Interaction Design
- Persona Development
- Heuristic Evaluation
- Usability Testing
- Competitive Assessment
- Agile/Lean UX
Marriott International (Bethesda, MD)
User Experience Lead
Senior member on the team responsible for designing features and functionality for Marriott’s global sites, ensuring they are designed effectively for local markets.
- Led the redesign of the guest information forms on Marriott’s China site enabling users to enter in Chinese characters in a more relevant, localized format.
- UX lead for Marriott's Internet sign-up screens and on-property Web portal, which guests use to learn about their local area and access premium partner content, improving their engagement with the Marriott brand.
- UX lead on the customer-facing Web page used by group event attendees and corporate travelers to book at host Marriott properties.
TheLadders (New York, NY)
Lead IA for RecruitLadder, the Web application TheLadders provides to corporate recruiters and agency recruitment firms to help them search candidates, post jobs, and manage job applicants.
- Designed the information architecture for a state-of-the-art search feature that has significantly improved a recruiter's ability to fing qualified candidates on the RecruitLadder site.
- Designed and deployed a much improved candidate management feature that has enabled recruiters to effectively save, organize, and manage candidates on-site.
GridPoint (Arlington, VA)
Training & Documentation Manager
Led all product training and documentation activities at the company, a provider of Smart Grid software/hardware products.
- Designed and authored instructor-led and self-study modules. Successfully trained GridPoint staff and external customers in the proper use of Gridpoint’s utility and energy management software.
- Led online and classroom training sessions for a range of audiences including customer service, network operations, sales staff, and external clients.
- Designed and authored installation guides and user manuals for GridPoint's hardware products. Wrote copy, created graphics/illustrations, designed page layout.
Freelance Information Architect (New York, NY & Boston, MA)
Created UX and IA deliverables for client companies, focusing primarily on audience analysis, business/functional requirements, and user interface (UI) design.
- For Razorfish, developed the UI for a user-driven, enterprise-wide intranet that improved collaboration among marketing staff across the major car divisions of the Ford Motor Company.
- For Standard & Poor's, designed the UI for a portal application that improved the workflow of S&P credit analysts.
- For Fidelity Investments, led the effort to redesign Streetscape(SM), Fidelity's Web-based, institutional brokerage platform. Improved the app's Tower Group ranking, a measure of its standing among competing broker/dealer applications.
- For BusinessEdge Solutions, developed the UI and visual design for a training management portal for Pfizer Inc., enabling the company to more efficiently train their pharmaceutical sales staff.
Kadro Solutions (Raleigh, NC)
Provider of enterprise-class software and software-as-a-service applications.
- Led all information architecture activities at the company.
- Created the UI to Kadro Merchant, a back-end, Web application for managing e-commerce sites.
iXL (Richmond, VA)
Former Internet design and consulting company.
- Developed navigation schemes, wireframes, usability test scenarios, and HTML prototypes for dot-com and Fortune 1000 clients including GE's Center for Financial Learning, Red Hat, and Harrods.
Omega Performance (Richmond, VA)
Provider of interactive and instructor-led training programs to the banking industry.
- Managed programming and design staff in developing CD-ROM-based training tutorials on retail banking products. Designed instructionally sound tutorials and sales simulations.
Chase Manhattan Bank (now JP Morgan Chase) (New York, NY)
Money-center banking and financial services firm.
- Managed design staff in creating interactive and instructor-led training programs. Developed a products curriculum that improved the sales and service performance of consumer bank personnel.
University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA): M.S.E, Materials Science and Engineering
Amherst College (Amherst, MA): B.A., cum laude, Physics